FMBC's Future Vision
Then I said to them, ‘You see the trouble we are in, how Jerusalem lies in ruins with it’s gates burnt. Come, let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, so that we may no longer suffer disgrace.’ I told them that the hand of my God has been gracious upon me, and also the words that the king had spoken to me. Then they said, ‘Let us start building!’ So they committed themselves to the common good.
What is the Nehemiah Project?
The Nehemiah Project, also known as FMBC’s Capital Campaign, was launched in April 2012 with a “Facelift” of our current sanctuary. The facelift included new carpets, pews, improved choir stand seating, pulpit expansion and an ADA lift for the physically challenged. It also included a hand-painted rendering over the Baptismal Pool of Jesus Christ, painted by local art students. This project was paid for in cash and within budget and with full construction completed in September 2013.
Nehemiah “Vision Quest”
Phase 2 of the Nehemiah project is God’s vision to build a new facility to provide even more ministry to our church and the community.
Our goal is to raise $1 Million in funds (over and above our Tithes and Offering) within a 3-year period.
We are well on our way by asking members to;
- PRAY about how much they could financially commit to, over a 3-year period
- PLEDGE by formally completing a commitment card
- PAY the monies that you prayed about and pledged through your formal commitment
We are halfway through our campaign and we are grateful that many of you have committed and paid as agreed. We are prayerful that others will continue to PRAY, PLEDGE & PAY to help FMBC reach it’s goal to build a facility to provide more ministry and services to our community.
In “Working on Our Wall” we have completed the following;
- Developed a Living Wall Mural in the Narthex to share with the congregation FMBC’s Vision
- Developed an Architectural Rendering of our proposed new facility
- Added a “prayer box” to the Narthex
- Continue to seek out and secure the land that the Lord has for FMBC
If you have questions, feel free to ask any member of the church to direct you to a Nehemiah Campaign member or Officer.