Crosstalk is the FMBC News Center. Keep up with what’s happening here!
- SECURITY MINISTRY: The Security Ministry is currently seeking new members to help ensure that our church is safe and secure. If you’re interested in becoming part of the team, please see one of these strong, very serious gentlemen behind me, Servant Leader Deacon Dwayne Bishop or Bro. Carey Birdsong.
- GENESIS MINISTRY: We’re requesting that you Save the date for the King’s Castle’s Open House on Sunday, April 15, after the 11 am worship service.
Are you a girl between the ages of 10-13 interested in digital design and futuristic concepts as seen in the movie black panther? If so, Pastor Dionne would like to invite you to attend Black Girls Code. Please contact Pastor Dionne for more information.
High School Students and parents of high school students, there are two important events coming up: A Spring College Fair at Sacramento State University on Sunday, April 29th from 10:00AM to 1:00PM. And, an Kaplan SAT Prep Course at Cal Maritime starting July 10th thru August 2nd. An RSVP and registration are required for both events. If you’d like more information, please see Pastor Dionne Carter.
- USHERS MINISTRY: If you’re planning to attend this year’s Widows & Widowers Luncheon, today is your last opportunity to reserve a spot by signing up in the narthex today. The luncheon takes place on Saturday, April 14 at 11:30am in the Fellowship Hall. We hope you’ll come out and join in the fun and fellowship.
- ANNIVERSARY: Happy Anniversary, Friendship. April is our actual anniversary month. We’ll be celebrating with the
– H. J. Morris Living Laboratory on Saturday, April 21. The Living Laboratory is a symposium presented by our very own Dr. Jessica Smedley on the Black Church and Metal Health. Lunch will be served at noon and the symposium starts at 1pm here in the Fellowship Hall.
– our Church Anniversary Service is on Sunday, April 22 at both services. Our guest preacher will be Dr. Cleophus LaRue, Jr., Professor of Homiletics at the Princeton Theological Seminary.
– and the Gala, on Saturday, April 28 at 7pm at the Concord Hilton. This is a New Dawn sponsored event honoring FMBC and some of our community leaders. So GET YOUR TICKET, get dressed up, come out and plan to have a good time!